Pairing your phone with SYNC 3
To use SYNC® 3 phone features—such as making a call or receiving a text message—you must first connect, or "pair" your Bluetooth®-enabled phone. Pairing is what allows Bluetooth devices to communicate securely with each other.
Before you start
- Your vehicle must be completely stopped (i.e. in park) to pair a phone.
- Your phone’s Bluetooth will need to be turned on for pairing.
- Turn on your phone and enable Bluetooth.
- Press Add Device on your vehicle touchscreen (If you’ve already paired a phone, SYNC displays the name of that device. If your SYNC screen asks you to connect a phone, make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on. If not, follow the next steps.).
- Scan for devices on your phone until SYNC is found.
- Select SYNC on your phone, which will then display a six-digit PIN.
- When prompted on your phone’s display, confirm that the PIN displayed on vehicle touchscreen matches the PIN displayed on your phone.
- The vehicle touchscreen will then indicate that pairing is successful.
- If a phone is deleted/removed from SYNC, a new pairing will be required.
- The pairing process can be different on each phone. Watching both the phone and the SYNC system for any messages is the best way to successfully pair a phone.