Upgrade your SYNC® system over Wi-Fi
SYNC 3 is required to update your vehicle over Wi-Fi.
You will be able to use SYNC during the update process.
If the update is interrupted, it will continue where it left off the next time Wi-Fi is connected.
Your vehicle does not need to be running for the update to take place.
Things to note before you begin
- Only vehicles with SYNC 3 can upgrade over Wi-Fi.
- You can use all of your SYNC system's capabilities during the upgrade.
- If the upgrade is interrupted for any reason, it will continue where it left off the next time it connects to Wi-Fi.
- Your vehicle doesn’t have to be running for the upgrade to start and/or complete.
- You must use an external Wi-Fi for this update. You cannot use your phone or vehicle's hotspot.
- Turn on your vehicle. If this is the first time you’ve used SYNC 3, or you’ve recently done a Master Reset, you may be prompted to enable automatic updates.
- Connect to a trusted Wi-Fi network by going into Settings >Wi-Fi.
- Select your network and enter the password.
- Once you are connected, go back to Settings and select the General button, then tap Automatic System Updates.
- A confirmation message will appear on your screen. Press Close. Your system is now updated.