Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Unique Component Coverage
8 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first)
Depending on your vehicle, electric drivetrain system components covered by this warranty may include, and are not limited to:
• High-voltage battery
• High-voltage battery connector
• High-voltage battery isolation switch (manual disconnect switch)
• Battery pack fan assembly
• Battery pack sensor module HBPSM)
• Battery energy control module (BECM)
• On-board charger
• On-board charger fan assembly
• Inverter system controller (ISC), DC/DC converter
• Hybrid continuously
• Variable transmission
• Transmission range sensor
• Electronic drive module assembly (the electric motor and gearbox).
If an electric drivetrain system component requires replacement under warranty, it may be replaced with a new factory remanufactured, or factory refurbished component, at Ford’s discretion. Refurbished battery components selected for your vehicle will align with your vehicle’s age and mileage, and meet Ford’s stringent requirements and standards.
High Voltage Battery Gradual Capacity Loss
The high voltage battery will experience gradual capacity loss with time and use, similar to all batteries, which is considered normal wear and tear. Loss of battery capacity due to or resulting from gradual capacity loss is NOT covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
See your Owner’s Manual for important tips on how to maximize the life and capacity of the high voltage battery.